— Breeding and Creating Some of the World's Most Colorful Panther Chameleons —
— Nurtured By a Veterinarian With the Highest Standard of Care and Health —
THIS WEBSITE IS UNDER HEAVY CONSTRUCTION AND WILL BE FINISHED SOON!
All currently available chameleons have now been updated on the Availability Page and below. Additionally I am raising 11 clutches of 4-6 week old hatchlings, including Carpet Chameleons. They are different locales with different parents. Red-Blue Ambilobes, Red-Yellow Ambilobes, Nosy Falys, Sambavas, Sambilobe crosses, and more!! Stay tuned for photos and prices as they grow; however it will be approximately 3-5 months before the first clutch is ready for new homes. Want lists and deposits are being accepted!!
Why Buy from Dr. O?
• Bred by a veterinarian with a lifelong passionate interest in reptiles and amphibians.
• I have raised my chameleons outdoors in Central Florida year-round, allowing them their preferred daily exposure to natural sunlight. They are intensely cared for, principally due to my constant supervision as well as their custom-built enclosure which was designed with multiple daily automatic mistings and drippings, roll-up UVB transmitting sides and roof, infrared and propane heaters used when necessary, and all with each chameleon having it’s own sense of privacy (If you are interested, the enclosure’s construction can be seen here: http://bit.ly/XdihHj). Different age groups are fed an extremely varied diet including wild-caught insects, and I am proud to use Repashy products exclusively for all of my supplement and insect-rearing needs (in addition to added fresh veggies for the feeders). Color-enhancing Repashy SuperPig is added to every meal that they have eaten from their very first D. hydei fruit fly.
• All of my breeders have been carefully and meticulously selected for various traits and genetics. They are all magnificent representatives of their respective locales.
• My breeding is the result of a lifetime of reptile love and knowledge combined with over 23 years studying and practicing reptile veterinary medicine. Due to a permanent physical disability I am no longer able to practice veterinary medicine full-time, so I closed my once-thriving practice in NY and moved back to east-central FL purposefully to begin my own breeding. After so many years advising other owners and breeders on chameleon care issues along with my veterinary skills and experience, it seemed like the perfect next step in my life’s journey.
• My preference is to sell older juvenile chameleons that have had a very strong head-start in life and not anytime sooner. Between their outdoor enclosure in Florida, diet, supplements and my observant eye, I wait until they have strengthened to the point when I know that I am selling you the healthiest chameleon that I possibly can, and ready for your home. No clip tails or toes, MBD, oral infections, or parasites; just beautiful, healthy, friendly and lively panthers!
• Veterinary advice and second-opinions available to you for the life of your chameleon at no extra charge.
• All “Senior” members (or higher) of the Chameleon Forums will receive 10 percent off of the listed price of any chameleons that I post here or in any classified ad.
• All chameleons sold will arrive with a non-transferable, no-expiration date coupon for 10 percent off of any future chameleon purchase from Dr. O’s Tie Dyed Chameleons. This coupon can be combined with the Senior member discount.
• Yes, that does mean that Senior members will then get 20 percent off of off their next purchase, and so on!
(Note-I have no ulterior motive promoting the Chameleon Forum. However, in my opinion the Chameleon Forum is the best resource on the internet for the fledgling to advanced chameleon owner. Joining the Forum and heeding the excellent advice found within is a sure-fire way to make sure that your chameleon is cared for to the best of your abilities!)
Male #1-classically perfect green body blue-bar Ambilobe. By far the most laid back of any chameleon on this page! Happy to be held or stay in place on a safe perch. $500 + s/h
Male #2-green body red/blue-bar Ambilobe. Sometimes his bars are red with distinct blue dots, and sometimes they blend into a purple combination. Beautiful hues when sleeping, a likely indicator of his future color direction. Very laid back and handeable as well!. $500 + s/h
Male #3-Sambava/Ambilobe. Larger than his brother but almost identical colorations. Mellowing out very quickly in the past month. If you want yellows in your chameleon, he is sure to please!! $400 + s/h
Male #4-Sambava/Ambilobe male. Slightly smaller than his brother but just as colorful! Mellowing out nicely, gapes a little right out of the cage, and then happy to explore. $400 + s/h
Three 11 month Ambilobe female siblings, (two becoming receptive, one teeny girl who i do NOT advise as a breeding cham due to her small size, all sweet-natured). $300 for the peach-colored receptive females. $225 for Teeny; + s/h
Both older girls have been sold! Teeny has been reduced to $99 + s/h !!!